by Chanel B and Mr. Bill
The 2nd graders had a spelling bee on Friday, March 18, 2011. They had outstanding and challenging words to spell. There were nine spellers and within 4 minutes there were only four. Sr. Sheena and Mrs. Davis have taught those little ones some very complex words. When I listened to those 2nd graders spell I said “Wow these children can spell. They must have studied and studied all day long until they got tired”.
I talked to some of the students and here are their feelings:
- Linda H – "I like spelling bees and I am very into them."
- Kendall W – "I wanted to be in the spelling bee, but I didn’t make it."
- Nekira W - "I like vocabulary."
- Briana L - "The spelling bee was fun, and I liked the challenging words."
- Mrs. Davis – "It was awesome. They had challenging words, and they were successful."
- Sr. Sheena - "I wanted them to have a spelling bee because they are very good spellers and one day they will be in a real spelling bee."
- Noadiyah J – "When I started out I was not good at spelling, but through studying, studying, studying I got good, and I always wanted to be a speller."
Thank you to Sr. Sheena, Mrs. Davis, and the whole 2nd grade class for your outstanding job.
The entire photo set of the 2nd grade spelling bee is available here: